Purpose of Position
The True South Dining Room epitomises sophisticated elegant dining with an emphasis on the fantastic produce from our district served in truly mouth-watering dishes.
Work with Olympian and top 20 best young chef in the world, Corey Hume as Executive Chef.
Throughout his career Corey has been a representative for New Zealand, Australia and Australasia (as a whole) numerous times and was a member of the Fonterra New Zealand Olympic Squad that competed at the Culinary Olympics in 2016. Corey was the Executive chef for one of the world’s most exclusive and well-regarded lodges, Blanket Bay Lodge Glenorchy. There he and his team cater to some of the most discerning guests who all have the highest expectation in service, wine and of course cuisine.
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Have at least 3 years' relevant prior experience in high quality properties/restaurants
- Hold a relevant industry qualification - Level 5 preferred
- Experience in a variety of different establishments essential
- Breakfast chef experience an advantage
- Previous Food and Beverage experience an advantage
- Ability to build and maintain trusted and respectful work relationships
- Passion for culinary trends essential
- Understanding of Food Safety and impeccable hygiene practices
- Understanding of stock control and experience with menu planning advantageous
- Accuracy and an "eye for detail"
- Be able to work autonomously with excellent time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Available to work a variety of shifts including mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays
Benefits and Rewards
- Competitive industry remuneration
- Learn from an Olympian Chef
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Sustainable work practises
- Other benefits and rewards apply
Applications from NZ residents/citizens are strongly encouraged.
Click 'Apply here' below to submit your application.