Purpose of Position
As a Bartender, you will be customer service focused with a true enthusiasm for hospitality. You will work alongside passionate food and wine stars and you will have a desire to expand your knowledge of hospitality, food and wine. You will be in charge of the bar including ordering and stock take.
- Assist with Food & Beverage services in the hotel, including our award winning True South Fine Dining Restaurant, Bordeau Lobby Bar, Conferencing, and Minibar.
- Ensuring that 5* standards and service are maintained and where possible exceeded at all times.
- Taking orders, serving food and beverages and recommend wines.
- Interacting with guests and maintaining a profile in and around the hotel.
- Ensuring that customers receive prompt service and address guest feedback.
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- At least 1 years' experience in a similar role and high quality properties
- Strong knowledge of cocktails, spirits and wines
- Previous experience in garnishing, mixing and serving drinks
- Relevant industry qualification/s (e.g. WSET) an advantage
- Barista skills required
- Second language highly desirable
- High level of personal presentation
- Passionate about food and wine
- Be able to work unsupervised with excellent time management skills
- Have strong initiative and ability to think outside the square
- Superior verbal and written communication ability with an emphasis on accuracy - "eye for detail”
- Experience with POS system
- Available to work a variety of shifts including mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays
Benefits and Rewards
- Minimum starting rate is $22 per hour
- Uniform provided
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Sustainable work practises
- Other benefits and rewards apply
Applications from NZ residents/citizens are strongly encouraged.
Click 'Apply here' below to submit your application.